Knowledge Futures, founded as a partnership between the MIT Press and the MIT Media Lab, is a non-profit institution builds infrastructure for a more effective, equitable, and sustainable knowledge economy. Help move knowledge forward with our thoughtfully remote, 4-day workweek, values-driven team.
There are currently no open job listings.
Working With Us
- Work 4 days per week with a thoughtfully distributed team: we were a remote team before it was a global necessity, and put a lot of effort into making the remote experience a great one. Last summer, we experimented with working 4 days per week (8 hours per day), and never looked back. Learn more about how we work in our Handbook. As it becomes safe to travel and gather again, we are resuming our roughly biannual in-person team retreats at fun locations throughout the U.S., which began with our Vermont retreat in the fall of 2021.
- Join a diverse, values-driven team: during the pandemic, we rewrote our company policies from the ground up to focus on equity, structural justice, and employee satisfaction. We value accessibility, conscientiousness, curiosity, equity, systemic thinking, and sustainability over growth at all costs.
- Enjoy industry-standard benefits and perks: unlimited PTO with a yearly minimum, your own computer of choice, and the ability to work 4 days per week, fully remote — with regular in-person team retreats as safety allows — with a team that prioritizes remote participation.
- Contribute to our larger mission at Knowledge Futures: we’re building a future where the infrastructure to create and access knowledge is controlled by people who serve the public interest, starting with core projects like PubPub and The Underlay. As a KFG team member, you’ll be able to contribute to those efforts as well, and we’ll support any ambitions you might have to publish in our journal, the Commonplace, and beyond.
- Lastly, if you’re excited about working with us, but don’t see the exact role for you, please get in touch. We’re open to creating roles for the right people.